Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Rainbow Lorikeets

If you know very much about me, you know I am just in love with birds. All birds, big or small, colorful or dull............it doesn't matter.......I just love birds. When I saw the Rainbow Lorikeets at the store of Beccy's Place, I knew I had to buy that digital set.

And then I started researching the Rainbow Lorikeets or Lories as they are called. Here is a link if you want to learn some things about this wonderful parrot. http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Trichoglossus-haematodus


This bird lives in Western Australia, which brings to mind the horrific fires that Australia is having. This is such a sad thing for Aussies. Please say a prayer for the fires to end, if you are so inclined.

Okay, now for words about our latest Outlawz Sketch Challenge.


Our sponsor for January is Beccy's Place. She will give a $10 AUD gift code to be used in her shop.



Please visit Beccy's Blog!  


Here is the sketch for this challenge!



And here is my card, using Rainbow Lorikeets by Beccy's Place. I used the beautifully precolored image included in the digital set. The sentiment also came in the set. My papers are from the We Are 3 Digital set Burlap Beach.




I'm entering my card in Beccy's January Challenge.

I hope you will drop by the Outlawz Sketch Challenge and see what my teammates have made with wonderful Beccy's Place images!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Darcy

7 comments:

  1. I'm a bird lover too Darcy, these are just amazing, I absolutely LOVE your colouring and your take on the sketch. Yes, the Aussie fires are just dreadful and their in the middle of Summer too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! I can't take credit for the coloring though!

      Delete
  2. Your card is fabulous Darcy, the design is wonderful. I like that you've kept the background nice and neutral so the colours in the image can do all the work. I also like the sprig of leaves... they look a lot like gum leaves.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Darcy! I love those colorful birds and the sentiment is just perfect.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize, I'm WAAAAY behind visiting. I LOVE your card - it's perfection! And I love how you got into researching the lories. Happy 2020, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!