Saturday, February 9, 2013

Big Eyes

I absolutely love this owl stamp by Hero Arts called Big Eyes that I used for the card below that I entered into the Outlawz Color Challenge for Tuesday. Our color theme is Impatient Pink, Dapper Tan, and Cloud White and our Fabulous February Twist was to use real or fake stitching.

I stamped my little owl in Memento Toffee Crunch and layered on some cardstock that was beigey with some speckling throughout. For the pink, I layered it all on top of pink and white paper. I finished it off with some pink ribbon and a pink flower with a sparkly embellishment in its center.

Oh, and for the stitching I used white embroidery floss with a darning needle in pre-pierced holes around my card using Gina K Designs piercing template. I used my piercing tool to poke the holes so I wouldn't bend my card while "sewing". Worked pretty neat! The cardstock is of a heavier weight so it was easy to hang onto as I was stitching.

Here is a close-up of the center of the flower. It all came in one piece and was in a previous Cardmaker Kit of the Month package.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!