Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Laughin' Bills at the Outlawz Sketch Challenge

Such fun we are having this month at the Outlawz Sketch Challenge using Rick St. Dennis images. Rick is sponsoring the Sketch challenges all month long and I hope you like my card I made using Laughin' Bills Carnival.

First, a word about our sponsor, Rick St. Dennis.
For the month of September, we are so pleased that our sponsor is Rick St. Dennis Digital Stamps. His images are so fun to color and create around. 

The prize for one lucky winner this month will be two single digis of choice (excluding sets) OR a 25% discount at Rick's Zibbet store. (digi SETS are excluded as prizes)   Thank you, Rick! That's a great prize!
 

Now, moving along.....................

Here is the sketch for this week!





I was really excited about this sketch with the big spider web in the center. I thought a spider web would be a perfect backdrop for the fun, fun, fun Laughin' Bills Carnival image by Rick St. Dennis.  I didn't have anything suitable to use for a spider web, so I went to the Clip Art in Microsoft Word and what do you know, when you search for Spider Web, lots and lots of awesome images pop up. The one I found was a combination of creepy, beautiful, vibrant ----- and I loved it. I printed it off on my card stock and found it went really well with my colored image.



The papers, ribbon, and spider web stickers are all from my stash. I used an embossing folder on the lavender layer. The Happy Halloween was a chipboard element that came in a package of Halloween fun items I purchased at Wal-Mart.
I colored my image with Copic markers and must give credit to Monique at Rick St Dennis because I was at a total loss as to how I was going to color up the image when I saw the coloring done by Monique on the Laughin' Bills Carnival image at the RSD Zibbet store. Her coloring so inspired me to use many colors and I tried to pick some different colors than what she used so as not to be a "copycat" but I want to acknowledge her beautiful coloring, too, as my inspiration.
I used Stampin' Up! dimensionals to make my image stand off the card a bit. My plan was to use an Action Wobble but after looking in all my craft stuff for over an hour, couldn't find the package of them. I'm sure they will turn up when I least expect them to!


This is the back of my card. My card is 6 by 6 inches square and sometimes instead of making a folded card, I will just decorate the backside.  More stickers and gems from my stash. The sentiment is from a Close to My Heart set.

Challenges I am entering:
Through the Craft Room Door - anything goes
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Bright and Colorful
Creative Fingers - anything goes


I hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by!! 
Darcy

10 comments:

  1. Fun card Darcy, both inside and out. I love the multi-colored sentiment. Have a colorful day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy, thank you for following my blog. I'm following you now😀 It looks like I'm going to get some great inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy this is such a fun halloween card and a great take on the sketch inspiration. Loving the colours. Thank you so much for taking park in my 1,100 Follower Give Away and for displaying my Follower badge here xxx Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness this card is fantastic!!! Love everything about it. All I can say is it has FUN written all over it. I do have to say that image would give me nightmares, that is a scary one. That web of a background totally makes your card and love how your colors are mixed and the inside is perfect to go with the outside. Been pretty hot here, bet it has been hot by you also?
    Hugs, Pat♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow, Darcy! I love this fun Halloween card! That background is amazing! What a colorful card! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know I loev this Darcy, it's fabulous!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Hugs,
    Sandra
    TTCRD DT
    Cards and Creativity {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!