Monday, March 31, 2014

Through the Purple Haze Challenges #35 - Steampunk

Welcome to Challenge #35. This week our theme is Steampunk.

Through The Purple  Haze Challenges
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com/




Our sponsor this week is Rick St. Dennis.


  The prize is 3 digis for the winner!!

The image I got to play with is "Bewitching" by Rick St. Dennis.



I colored this wonderful image with my copic markers in sepia tones with E41, E42, E43, E44 and for the skin I used E000 and E01. 

The paper is from my stash as was the embellishments (Jolee's).

I used copper foil adhesive backed tape for some contrast and the Spellbinders Die Set called Sprightly Sprockets and Reverse Wonky Rectangles for my die cuts. 

It's only the second Steampunk card I've ever made and I look forward to improving on my steampunk technique for the next time.



Hope you will go visit the Through the Purple Haze Challenges blog and see what other steampunk projects you will find there!


I'm entering my card into:
Sister Act Card Challenge - a card
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes





Have a great week!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful the backing paper looks like cork......its just lovely darcy.

    fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy, your coloring is spectacular. Perfect amount of background color and your embellishments are ideal for this card.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coloring, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you coloured the image and the colour combo you used Darcy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!