Friday, January 11, 2013

A Little About Me

I love to craft. I will try almost anything that looks creative to me.

As a little girl, my grandmother taught me to embroider and crochet. The crocheting was pretty easy once I learned that you could crochet with a bigger crochet hook than my grandma used to make her doilies.

I learned how to sew and knit. I also did plastic canvas. I think I made about 25 kleenex box covers during that time. I made a pretty involved diaper bag for a friend that was having a baby. It was pretty easy and involved teddy bears on panels that were sown together to make a bag. Simple but involved many hours of work.

And then........... I discovered the world of rubber stamping. And that is my passion to this very day. I own thousands of rubber stamps and all of the "stuff" that goes with it. Beautiful papers, markers, ink pads, glitter glues, embossing powders, chalks, etc. etc. etc.

There really is no means to an end.  From rubber stamping, I moved on to scrapbooking.  I can spend hours in a store choosing stickers and chipboard embellishments to enhance my scrapbook pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!