Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Outlawz Sketch Challenge July 2nd

Outlawz Sketch Challenge


A new challenge at the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge and a new month so we have a new sponsor!!!  The sponsor is The East Wind and let me tell you, that is a fabulous company!! They will give a prize of 3 digis to the July winner.


Here is the really fun sketch for this week! So many things you can do with it!




And now here is my card using Aurora Fuchsia from The East Wind! I hope you like it!






Here is a closeup of the image that I colored with my Copic markers and then I went over her dress with my Diamond Stickles.


I added some clear gems from Studio G for her costume! The papers are from my stash and the circle images are Circle Nestabilities by Spellbinders. I used an embossing folder to emboss the Orange circle layer after I had cut it in my Cuttlebug. A swirly stencil was put around the image and I drew in the swirls with Copic YR00.

Do you all know what a "wobbler" is and what it does? Well, it is a little plastic swirly gizmo that has double sided adhesive on it after you peel off the layers. You then place it on the back of your image and stick it down on one of your layers, in this case, the orange circle layer. It gives your image some motion. Perfect for dancing girls........My friend Janet made a card for me using a "wobbler" and I loved how it added some movement to the card!! It was just awesome and I couldn't wait to get my hands on these "wobblers", so Amazon.com, here I come!!

I hope you like my card and you will stop over at the Outlawz and see what the other Design Team gals have made for you to be inspired. Hope you will use the Sketch for your lovely creations, too!

Have a great day!











4 comments:

  1. I do love this card Darcy and I think I'll have to pick up some Wobblers also. Enjoy the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna!! Enjoy the weekend, too!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Darcy, and the Wobbler would be just perfect for a dancing girl! Aren't they fun? I think your swirly background is perfect! And I love how you jazzed up her costume! What a pretty image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!