Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Un-egg-spected!

Hi there! Today I'm showing a card I made for Deedees Challenge.  Deedee has a monthly challenge and if you played last month, you automatically get the new set of digis FREE for the next monthly challenge. Or, you can buy the set at her STORE for $1.25. Either way, it is quite a good deal. You get a lot for your $1.25.

My card below features one of the digis in the set, the kitty coming out of the egg and the sentiment is also included. See? I told you it was a good deal.


I used patterned paper from my stash and used Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval nestabilities to cut out my image and sentiment. I colored the image with my copics and to make the background a little more interesting, I used a swirl stencil around my kitty, although you could easily draw these swirls freehand. I tinted some of my white paper flowers and put a pink brad in the center of each flower and using Glue Dots, layered the flowers on to the card.
I finished off with four pink gems. I actually hadn't planned on using any gems, but I had a small "boo-boo" and had to cover it up. And I like how they added a little something. So, sometimes, "boo-boos" can be a very good thing.

Have a great day!



5 comments:

  1. Darcy, I love this card! Great background idea! The swirls are perfect for this image! I love the bright yellows and pinks together! I can't imagine what your boo boo was...it all looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy, I'm so glad you played along with us here at
    Deedee' s March Digi of the Month. You really did a terrific job with this little cutie. I love how you tinted your flowers and your boo boo cover ups do add that extra little something to this one. Great coloring job and the stencil work is just a very nice added bonus. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink & yellow colors you used just feel like Spring to me! The background is just cute with the block patterns and I love how you used a stencil on the mail image panel! Thanks for playing along with Deedee's March challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! I love the little gems on the sides too - great cover up (and I do the same thing all the time!). Such a pretty color combo and a fantastic design!
    Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Deedee's Digis!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card love all the bright colours matched up beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us over at Deedee’s Digi Challenge Blog, hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!