Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Outlawz Sketch Challenge August 6-12

Welcome to August and a new month of sketches at the Outlawz Sketch Challenge.


Wednesday Sketch


 Kim and the Oak Pond Creations is sponsoring our Sketch Challenge the whole month of August. She will give our August winner three digis from her Etsy shop.










Here is our sketch for this week. I used the sketch to make a topper for a gift bag. 
 
 
 
 My image is Marie's Strawberries from Oak Pond Creations. After coloring the image with my Copic markers, I got out my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles Nestabilities Dies and just started cutting layers. The very bottom layer is heat embossed with Stardust embossing powder to add some sparkle.
 



My gift bag is a red metallic gift sack and was pretty boring until I put this topper on. The camera picked up a lot of glare from the bag, so I cropped most of it away to be less distracting.
Here are my colors I used with the copic markers. Accents on the leaves are with a Sharpie white painter pen.


Berries: R35, R14 R11, YR07, E09 OVER THE SEEDS, C3 FOR SHADING.
Leaves:  YG25, YG61, YG63
Blossoms: Y13, YG25
Background: YR000, YR00, 0


I hope you will drop by the Outlawz and take a look at our sketch challenge and all the other challenges! We have a new one starting every day!

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those strawberries look really tasty, they're beautifully colored, Love your take on the sketch, Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea to decorate your gift bag this way! Your image is colored so beautifully, and I love your background it's just perfect for the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Monday!!!

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card Darcy. Those strawberries just pop off the crd and look good enough to eat!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!