Friday, August 23, 2013

Otto the Octopus

This month Gerda Steiner from Gerda Steiner Designs offered a free image to those who are recipients of her monthly newsletter.   Here is a link to sign up for the monthly newsletter. You will get a freebie from her every month.

The image for August is Otto the Octopus. He's such a cute image, I wanted to have the main focus be on him so I made  a Clean and Simple Card. I colored Otto with copic markers and mounted the image on some patterned paper. But before I mounted the image, I stamped a sentiment from Northwoods Stamps in Teal Zeal Memento ink. My little tiny dots all around the image are from a 1 inch by 1/2 inch stamp that I have had for years. I believe it is from Printworks but not really sure. I know it was part of a set that came in a plastic box and was not wood mounted.

I'm entering my card in the Gerda Steiner Designs Blog Challenge.  I'm also posting my card at the Outlawz Paper Ala Mode Challenge where I am playing just for fun. The theme this week is Birthdays!

Here is my card and I hope you like it!

 
 
Have a great day and it is officially Friday!!
Darcy

5 comments:

  1. Darcy, Adorable card. Darling image, awesome colors and love your sentiment.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darcy! What a cute little Otto Card you made. I hope you enjoyed creating him and thank you for participating in my fun Challenge! Have a great weekend! Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Don't you just love this guy? TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!