Thursday, July 6, 2017

Deer Duo at the Outlawz Festive Friday's Challenge

It's Friday!! We have a new challenge  at the Outlawz Festive Friday's Challenge! Each week we give you four themes to choose from and you can enter up to three times per week! 

The themes this week are  Lady Bugs, Little Pink Pigs, Having a Picnic ,  and Christmas.  



I continue to enjoy making Christmas cards and the image I got for July from Bugaboo is Deer Duo. It is so cute and I colored it up with my Copic markers.

 I was looking at a recent issue of a cardmaking magazine and they showed cards with the serendipity technique. I hadn't done this technique for years and decided it was perfect for my background layer. So I gathered up 7 or 8 holiday paper scraps and cut them up into odd shapes and began piecing them together onto a piece of 5 x 7 inch white cardstock. The article recommended cutting or tearing but I didn't think I was going to go for the torn look. I used my glue stick by Xyron to spread adhesive over the entire backs of each piece. 

I found a sticker sentiment and some other odds and ends in a bowl I keep in my craft space where everything I don't end up using goes. So I found a green bird and green foliage. I finished with some red and gold sequins and a touch of clear Wink of Stella on the ribbons on the gifts.
The finished size is 5 x 7 inches.





I hope you will visit Festive Friday's at the Outlawz and see what my teammates have made!



Bugaboo is always our sponsor for the Festive Friday's Challenge and is giving a great prize of 4 digital images to our lucky July winner! Please visit Bugaboo as they are so generous with their prizes and we simply couldn't have challenges without them!



Hope you will stop by the Festive Friday's Challenge at the Outlawz

Thanks for coming by!  I love having visitors!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and festive card. Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background paper effect, the whole card is so very festive.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how festive, Darcy! Fa La La La La...ok, I can't sing, but you get the idea...I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! I thought the image was cute but until I started making a card with it I didn't realize how much I love it!! Hugs!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!