Friday, January 13, 2017

Christmas Trees at the Outlawz Festive Fridays Challenge

Each week we have four themes to choose from at the Outlawz Festive Friday's Challenge. This week, I picked Christmas Trees because I just got this new die set from Katscrappiness that I have been dying to try.  A direct link to the die is here. https://www.katscrappiness.com/products/stitched-layered-christmas-tree-die-by-kat-scrappiness

Here is my card!


To make my card, I cut the Christmas tree parts twice, once from the green patterned paper and once from gold glitter paper and then just layered them on top of each other and glued. 

I then picked up the whole tree and adhered it on a piece of vellum paper that had little gold dots all over it and then I used gold brads to secure the vellum to a piece of white cardstock that was cut to the same size as the vellum.

Then I layered that piece on to my red background layer. The Merry Christmas is a die and I cut the words from red glitter paper.

The star, ornaments, bows and tree stand also came in the die set with the tree.

I hope you will stop over to the Festive Fridays Challenge. Our other themes this week are Let's Go Skating, Snowball Fight, and Hot Chocolate.




Our sponsor is Bugaboo!
The prize is 4 digital images.


Hope you will pop in and see what my teammates have made for the Festive Friday's Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

  1. Darcy, I like the way you made that tree and that vellum with the gold dots is jut beautiful. I have a small piece of that that I have been hoarding for several years now. I don't know why as you can buy it anytime, but I just hate to use the piece I have. Very pretty and festive card. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I hoard my favorite supplies too! LOL

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and very festive, love the tree, it's ornaments and traditional colours.
    Faith
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! I love the beautiful tree! Wow!
    XX Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! Actually had fun decorating this tree! LOL

      Delete
  4. Another gorgeous creation, Darcy! I'm always behind! Love how you made that tree! I must check out that die!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!