Monday, April 28, 2014

New Challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges #39 - April 28 Sketch

There is a new Challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!

http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/


This week is Team B and we were given a lovely Sketch to use.

 

We have two sponsors this week!  We have Aurora Wings

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AuroraWings

 So, here's my card using the Aurora Wings image Pansy.
Prize is $10 coupon.   




My background paper is from my stash. I used an embossing folder to emboss some purple cardstock and then cut in one inch strips. That became my "ribbon". A butterfly sticker became the "bow".  I added the self adhesive pearls to the center of six embossed designs. All items are from my stash.


I printed the Pansy digi onto X-press it copic cardstock and cut an oval with my Cuttlebug using Spellbinders Ovals Nestabilities and then layered onto a purple piece of cardstock cut with the Scalloped Ovals Nestabilities of the same size.  I colored the image with Copic markers.


 Copic Colors I used:
Skin: E000, E01, E21, R20
Eyes: V12, V93
Lips: R83
Hair: E77, E7, E50, E89
Leaves: YG01, YG13
Pansy: Y35, FYR1, FV2, V17, V12
Other Flowers: R22, B01, B06
Background: C2 and B000


Delicious Doodles is our other sponsor this week!
 Prize is 4 images.

http://deliciousdoodles.blogspot.co.uk/



My card with the Delicious Doodles image, Fern the Forest Fairy is here below.


I used a 6 x 6 piece of patterned paper for my background layer and ran it through the Xyron machine so that my lace would stick down. I secured the lace with three dragonfly brads and an ivory rose that I colored the edges with  Copic R02.



My image was printed off on X-Press It Copic cardstock and layered with a burnt orange paper from my stash. I used a corner rounder to round off both layers. Best little invention ever!!

My image is colored with Copic markers.
Skin: E50,E11, E01
Eyes: B45
Hair: Y28, Y26, Y23, Y21
Lips: R83
Wings: YG61,YG63, YG67
Mushrooms: E35, E08
Flowers: R02, R04, R05
Small Flowers: FY1, YR65Acorns: E31
Bird: E35, E31, E81  FEET E18
Green foliage: YG01, YG61
Sky Background: B0000



Hope you will stop over at the Through the Purple Haze Challenges and see what the other Design Team members came up with!

I'm entering the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - a Card
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
Lady Anne's Let's Show It Off - Comment






   Have a great week!




12 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and gorgeous coloring :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Hilde aka. Tindaloo PS: There's candy on my blog if you wish to join! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I am heading over to check out your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy, these two cards are amazing! I can't pick a favorite, they are both so beautiful! I love the colors you chose, and your coloring is just gorgeous on these very detailed images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully coloured image,love the lace and B.paper-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards look wonderful, Darcy. I love your colouring techniques. Thank you do much for stopping by my blog too. I found you through your comment and of course through Lady Anne's 'Show It Off' blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan!! I hope Lady Anne keeps the blog going!!!

      Delete
  6. Super card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative fingers, this week. Hope to see you next week.
    Hugs Tania (DT) xx
    http://manxmade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards thanks for joining us at sister act this week and good luck
    Hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!