Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy New Year! Throw the Streamers, Toss the Confetti, and Beat the Drum!

So January is almost half gone....I can't believe how fast the time goes.

Over at the Simply Challenged Challenges, the theme for January is New Year - Anything New Year's related, so I made a card using a Simply Betty stamp called New Year Betty from my ever growing collection of Simply Betty Stamps. The image I used is from a BUNDLE that includes a huge collection of digis and sentiments. And there are so many wonderful images at the store site, so please visit and shop!! 

 I am also coordinating this card with a sketch challenge at the Sketch and Stash Challenge which gives us a sketch and asks us to use something new or neglected from our Stash.  -- That is pretty easy for me because I have lots from both of those categories.  For my new/neglected items, I used a new paper doily set that is precut (how simple is that) from Martha Stewart, and a digi from Simply Betty Stamps called New Year Betty and an embossing folder from Darice which both of these I have had for quite some time and haven't gotten around to using.

 And I am also entering my card in a brand new challenge called Creative Colors Challenge. I love brand new challenges-- very exciting!!  Directly below, you can see the color palette we are to use and as an added twist, we must use embossing. That is where my Darice embossing folder comes in handy! Another requirement is for the card to be decorated and not Clean and Simple. I hope mine fits the equation--I don't do heavily decorated cards that often but I have added some embellies. Here is our inspiration picture for the Creative Colors Challenge.



And here is the sketch for the Sketch and Stash Challenge



And here is my card! I colored the New Year Betty with my copic markers and have listed the ink colors below the card. She was fun to color! 





Here is a closeup of the colored image!


Copics used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair: E53, E43, E44, E0000
Lips: R39
Eyes: E47, E44
Dress and Shoes: BG78, BG75
Shawl: BG53
Crown: R11
Floor: C1
Champagne: YR20 with Spica Clear Glitter Pen

Once again, the challenges I am entering are:
Simply Challenged Challenges - New Year's theme
Creative Colors Challenge - color inspiration, embossing, no CAS
Sketch and Stash Challenge - sketch and new or neglected stash

I'm also posting in the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge for fun - theme is Hello or Goodbye, so I guess it is Hello to the New Year!


Have a wonderful week coming up!




23 comments:

  1. Cute card Darcy, beautiful coloring!
    I like the image,have to check them out LOL
    Hgs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, your card is so pretty and the image is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Colors Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card screams party in every detail! Fantastic coloring, I want skin and hair like hers! Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Darcy, what a gorgeous card! Love that sweet image and your coloring...WOW! Thanks so much for playing along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darcy thanks for coming to play along with us here at Creative Colors Challenge. Your cards are always so beautiful and this is no exception. This image is one I haven't seen before but there are so many out there. It fits completely with our theme. Linda K. DT CCC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! And thank you for letting me know about this new challenge!

      Delete
  6. She is so sweet and I love the colour scheme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've nailed all themes and combined all your elements perfectly with your gorgeously coloured image. Thanks for joining us at Simply Challenged Challenges (c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! The blogging took longer to do than the time it took to make your card!

      Delete
  8. I love your fabulous colour palette and sweet image, a truly adorable card.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, you did a great job on this, Darcy. The coloring is fantastic and, IMHO, the embossing knocks up another 2-3 notches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable image in a pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fabulous image and the card you have made with it is fantastic.
    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at sketch n stash x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous coloring of the pretty digi. Thanks for playing along in our Creative Colors Challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You are the Winner of our first challenge ever at Creative Colors Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!